Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Chicken Soup

Thrown together:
Chicken legs and thighs, skinned
Carrots
Celery
Onions
Pasta
Spices--parsley, garlic powder




I was sick, and I really wanted some real chicken soup. Since I didn't have days to make the stock, I cheated a little. I took chicken legs and thighs and skinned them. Then I sauteed some onions, threw the chicken in with some pepper and garlic powder for seasoning, and browned the chicken a bit. Then I poured boiling water into it and let it simmer for 10-15min skimming off the yucky stuff as it came. Voila! I had chicken stock! Seriously, it tasted like regular, simmered for days chicken stock. The only problem with cooking it fast was that I couldn't let the stock cool to scrape off the fat/oil. I did my best, though.



I threw in some veggies and let the whole thing slow cook for a while (I actually don't remember how long, but it was long enough for the meat to be really soft and almost falling off the bone.) I cooked the pasta separately, though because I hate overcooked pasta.

No comments: