Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Oreo Cookie Pie and Orange Chocolate Cupcakes

Oreo cookie pie. This one's super easy since it's a cold pie that you just stick in the fridge. I didn't want to deal with making the crust with them, so I bought a pre-made one. The pie filling is 1 pack/block of cream cheese, 1 cup sour cream, 1 tub of cool whip, half a cup of sugar, and (I think) half a pack of oreos. I don't know exactly how much we added because I just gave the kids a bunch of oreos to crush and added them until it looked like enough, saving some for topping. Then we refrigerated it for an hour...or two. We were watching Spy Kids, so I lost track of time. What I like about this pie was that it wasn't too sweet even though it's an oreo pie. The sour cream and cream cheese make it less sweet, but still yummy.








After the pie, we made orange-chocolate cupcakes with orange buttercream frosting. I made them orange, by mixing in orange juice in place of some of the milk in a regular chocolate cupcake recipe. I wanted to add candied orange, but I couldn't find any.



No comments: