Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Jello Dessert Stuff

This recipe is completely made up based on my memory of something I made a LONG time ago (maybe 6 years ago?) but couldn't find a recipe for.

No picture because I forgot.

Make raspberry jello (the big packages--6oz?) according to package instructions for jigglers. Open a can of mandarin oranges and pour the juice into the jello. Mix well then allow to cool for half and hour to 45 minutes to thicken. When the jello is thick (but not hard) drop in some mandarin oranges and blueberries. Stick back in the fridge to harden for a few hours.

While the jello is hardening, soften an 8oz package of cream cheese. Add 4-8oz of sour cream, half a cup of sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla. Mix until smooth (oh, Kitchenaid mixer, how I heart thee). Add a little whipped cream (the Cool Whip kind) if you want a thinner texture.

When the jello is set, slather the frosting on top. Thick is yummy. :-) The first time I made this, I froze it after spreading on the frosting. This time, I just refridgerated it because there wasn't enough time to freeze it before everyone wanted some.

No comments: