Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Pumpkin Pecan Pork Chops

Yummy experimental pork chops. (I know it looks yucky, but that's because it's a pic of a reheat the next day)


I marinated the pork chops in the usual mixture of soy sauce, olive oil, black pepper and 7-up plus I added some white wine. This would probably also work well with a beer in place of the soda and white wine.

Then I made a sauce using equal parts pumpkin pecan butter (thanks, manda!) and yellow mustard. Spicy brown mustard would probably be yummy, too. For four chops I made about two cups of sauce...or more. I'm not exactly sure. I added some worcestershire sauce, grill seasoning, black pepper and curry powder. I used masala curry powder from Fiji, which is a bit lighter than most curry powders I've used around here, so I'd recommend going light on the curry powder.

After the pork chops marinated for about an hour, I laid the chops on a baking sheet (on top of foil), spooned out some sauce on top of them, and baked them at 375 for half an hour.

No comments: