Friday, January 18, 2008

Lasagna Rolls

aka Cheater Cannelloni/Manicotti





I threw 8-10 artichoke hearts into a mixing bowl and broke them up a little with a fork. Then I added a little over 16oz of ricotta, some garlic powder, italian seasoning, parsley and a little salt and course ground pepper. I forgot to add a beaten egg, which I always add to my cheese mixture in lasagna.




I cooked the lasagna until they were almost al dente then rinsed them in cold water. In a shallow baking dish, I poured a little bit of marinara sauce to keep the noodles from sticking to the bottom.

For the rolls, I broke a full lasagna noodle in half, spooned a little bit of the artichoke-ricotta mixture in and rolled it up. Tada!



On the left you can see one that I experimented with. I didn't rip the noodle in half and instead rolled the whole thing up. This yields VERY messy rolls that don't stay together.



Put them in the oven at 375 for 40min and they're done and super yummy. Next time I'll try them with a meat filling.

Makes 14-15 rolls

No comments: